May 2015 EurTradeNet-ETN welcomes +40 guests at the Lares Park Hotel
As every year, EurTradeNet-ETN organises its Annual Meeting in an interesting location and with the kind effort of a local member: the Turkish ETN Member Ulukom hosted the ETN Annual 2015 in the great city of Istanbul, welcoming the ETN Members and Affiliates but also relevant external guests.
The ETN Members and Affiliates met for two intensive days, to fairly share what’s new in the eCustoms sector, to jointly realise the upcoming UCC challenges and how the Customs-Related Service Providers could promptly react to future needs, thus ultimately fine-tuning EurTradeNet’s value proposition as their International ear&voice.
This ETN Annual 2015 was again configured as a multi-entity dialogue among key actors of the foreign trade value chain, to discuss on common problems and complementary solution-making perspectives:
- Over 35 top directors and eCustoms specialists of the member CRSPs of EurTradeNet and ETN Affiliates, including new candidates right deciding to also join our International Non-Profit Professional Association from now on.
- Three expert representatives coming from Brussels: DG TAXUD (Mrs. Manuela Cabral as the Head of Unit B2 Safety&Security), the European Shippers Council (Mr. Godfried Smit representing ESC asPolicy Manager on Trade Facilitation), and the World Shipping Council (its European RepresentativeMr. Damian Viccars). Unfortunately the European Federation of Freight Forwarders CLECAT couldn’t be present, its Senior Policy Advisor Mr. Mauro Giffoni was halt at home due to the Air Control electricity problems in Belgium.
- Four top representatives from their “equivalent” entities in Turkey: Mr. Hasan Baytok and Mr. Bekir gumus (representing the IT Department of the Turkish Ministry of Trade & Customs), Mr. Cavit Ugur (General Manager of the Freight Forwarding Association UTIKAD), and Mr. Kenan Turkantos (VicePresident of the Shippers Association VDA).
- Our ETN Honorary Member Mr. Marc Van de Perre, nowadays retired after more than 25 years devoted to eCustoms expert representation in Brussels.
Among other hot topics, the dialogue at this ETN Annual 2015 flew on UCC challenges for all stakeholders, the miss-matching of quality information on the new ICS to come, the multiple-filing scenarios being analysed, and the Safety & Security approach proposed by DG TAXUD and heavily influencing all modes and players.
Multi-agent understanding and professional cooperation is a must to meet the eCustoms new requests at fixed milestones, and since long (and forever) EurTradeNet is determined to prompt dialogue and stable collaboration with the relevant stakeholders, including indeed the Regulatory Bodies and third Trade Associations.
The EurTradeNet-ETN alliance keeps growing and is in constant search for complementary expertise to add to its unique professional network. Please see our current ETN knowledge map.
- If you are a fully certified CRSP company or a specialised entity also dealing with eCustoms,
- If you are willing to establish fair professional collaborations that will make you well-prepared,
- If you believe that cooperation leads to excellence.
… you are a perfect candidate to be part of EurTradeNet-ETN.
We are looking forward to your approach!!!