Jun 2016 Three ETNers co-host the Annual Meeting 2016 in Antwerp
This year 2016 was very special for European Customs: in May the new substantive provisions of the Union Customs Code entered into force, thus new IT systems are to be implemented and deployed EU-wide according to a multi-annual plan. The three EurTradeNet Members based in Belgium (Descartes, INTRIS and STREAM Software) jointly hosted the ETN Annual 2016 under the core title “It’s our IT&C time”.
The Union Customs Code (UCC) is part of the modernisation of customs and serves as the new framework regulation on the rules and procedures for customs throughout the EU. With incremental deployment of key processes, and transitional measures for most procedures, from 1-May-2016 the new UCC provisions conduct eCustoms future.
Either Centralised or Distributed or Hybrid, all new IT&C systems are to be implemented and deployed EU-wide according to an UCC Work Programme 2016–2020+, a key addendum to the Multi-Annual Strategic Plan MASP.
EurTradeNet has been actively contributing to this eCustoms renovation, both in the European Commission and Parliament consultations with acknowledged Trade Associations, and at restricted fora and specialised workforces set up by DG TAXUD.
ETN intervention is to continue all along the life cycle of the new IT&C systems (design + implementation + testing + deployment + operation). From the general UCC Planning Overview fixed by TAXUD and agreed with Member States, there are Global and National implementations to be closely watched.
Acting usually as reliable supporter in the background of the Traders served by the CRSP entities grouped under EurTradeNet, 2016+ is definitively a crucial ETN momentum: It’s our IT&C Time. The Hyllit Hotel welcomed this very special ETN Annual 2016 in the ancient city of Antwerp 9+10 June, with the co-hosting support of the three Belgian-based ETN Members: Descartes, INTRIS and Stream Software.
As usual the ETN Annual combines expert presentations, group activities and round tables, and ultimately EurTradeNet General Assembly discussions for joint decision-making and/or ratification of ETN direction.
- Up to 45 ETN representatives from our Members and Affiliates.
- A top expert participant from the IT Department of the Belgian Customs.
- EuroCommerce as Trade Federation representing the wholesalers and retailers, to share associative scope, main eCustoms concerns and active lobby, ad-hoc publications and upcoming events (joint EU Customs Conference next 7-Sept-2016 at the WCO in Brussels).
- A keynote speaker from DG TAXUD (directly Mr. Frank Janssens, Head of Unit A3 in charge of Customs Processes and Project Management).
The EurTradeNet-ETN alliance keeps growing and is in constant search for complementary expertise to add to its unique professional network. Please see our current ETN knowledge map.
- If you are a fully certified CRSP company or a specialised entity also dealing with eCustoms,
- If you are willing to establish fair professional collaborations that will make you well-prepared,
- If you believe that cooperation leads to excellence
… You are a perfect candidate to be part of EurTradeNet-ETN.
We are looking forward to your approach to ETN!!!